Monday, December 19, 2005

The Perfect Experience That Almost Was

I almost thought that my Saturday was gonna suck.

Imagine this.

Getting home at 1 in the morning after a drinking session. No beer. Waking up at 6.30 in the morning with a bloody headache. Dragged my sad, lonely ass to work feeling dry like a pussy match-stick. Tons of back-load. Deadlines, deadlines and more deadlines.

Then the phone rang.

sp3nce: Hello?
Bernard: Hey Spencer. How've you been?
sp3nce: Urm, good, apart from not getting enough sleep.
Bernard: I'll try to wake you up. Wanna check out the 6 Series?
sp3nce: If you're gonna buy me one, I would. Hehe, kidding.
Bernard: Drop by the showroom later, would ya?
sp3nce: Yea, sure.

And so, I dragged skipped my ass to Auto-Bavaria with Pop and Ma. Looked around the 645, drooling in my pants.

Bernard: Wanna take the rides for a spin?
sp3nce: I'll take the 6.
Bernard: The 6 is only for show.
sp3nce: I'll TAKE the 6.
Bernard: We're not allowed to test the 6?
sp3nce: Puh-reeeeesseee?
Bernard: No can't do.
sp3nce: I just want to try the 645 okay...
Bernard: NO.
sp3nce: *sniff* So what can I try?
Bernard: All the cars out there, from the 116 to the 745Li.
sp3nce: *still looking at the 645*
Bernard: NO!!
sp3nce: I'll take the 120, 325, 525 and the X3.
Bernard: Now that's a good boy. Sure.

So I started with the 120i, took it around for a spin. Comfortable but seriously overpriced. Just as I was about to turn back into the showroom,

Bernard: Boy are you a delicate driver?
sp3nce: And what do you mean by delicate?? I AM NOT DELICATE. I AM A MAN.
Bernard: Haha, I mean you're a good driver. Gentle on the throttle and turns.
sp3nce: You wouldn't want me to rev this thing up do you?
Bernard: Well, from my experience, the KL folks really test it to the limit.
sp3nce: So you're saying I can rev this thing up?
Bernard: Yea.
sp3nce: Are you sure? *eyebrow raised*
Bernard: Yea.
sp3nce: Oh, I see.... okay.
Pop: Oi.

Next, the 325i. Come the jam and hoardes of imbeciles thinking that they own the road. I think my blood pressure kinda shot up pretty drastically at that point. Bernard was giggling.

525i. V8 with 333bhp. Luxurious monster. The jam pretty much cleared. Right after I cleared the entrance, I bloody floored the accelerator. 5000rpm and still increasing and I was already at 100km/h. Max speed I had, 130km/h. Overall, its one hell of a stable car. Could feel the rubber tight on the tarmac. The only downside is that its a little bumpy, due to the lower profile tyres and larger rims.

Finally, the X3 3.0i. This is the car that I seriously rev up without mercy. This is the one that I floor the gas each and every single chance I had, even for a distance of 50m. This is the one that I took the corners hard. This is the one that I took the step-tronic to the limit. This is the one with the beasty roar of a 6-straight. But I'm not too impressed on the handling. A slight slip on the rear end if you take fast gentle-bends. The steering wheel tends to be a tad too sensitive on high speeds, which can be a little worrying.

Either that, or I suck at driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter