Saturday, October 08, 2005

To Suit Or Not To Suit, That Is Not The Question.

I thought I wouldn't need a new suit anymore when I decided not to attend the hypocritical graduation. Perhaps I was meant to contribute to the fashion industry this time. Fate. But I ain't got no fate giving me no money to suit up.

First thing on the agenda on this morning's meeting : I need you guys to get your suits ready.

And the function I am to attend is next Saturday. One bloody week.

Plan A : Made a call to my tailor right after my meeting. He'll have to check with his schedule if he's able to cater for my short-noticed request.

Plan B : For contingency's sake, dropped into Tun Jugah to hunt for my suit after lunch. G2000 to be precise. There was only one decent-not-too-old-age-inducing suit left. New stocks would only arrive on the 15th. How very convenient. The sales representative talked his way into making me try out. Try I did. He even threw in the tie. The suit fitted almost perfect.

However, it didn't quite fit in in my budget department. It costs a bloody 599 bucks, inclusive of slacks. Was tempted, but thank God I was alone. It may have been different if there was a woman with me. A diagnosed deficiency known as impulse-shopping.

The only reason why the G2000 suit did not digest well with me was due to the fact that it would have been a waste. Come on, this is Kuching we're talkin' about. Even if you apply anti-perspirant on every single inch of your body, you'd be getting cock-stares from the public. "Poser" would be the word used.

So I decided to pop in my tailor and he was able to squeeze my request into his already tight deadlines. Had my measurements done, my 4-button suit is now in process and ready for collection by this Thursday.

And its costs only 360. But it had better fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter