Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Incompletely Complete

And just as I thought I've been forgotten, the past just caught up with me.

The most unexpected phone call rang into my chep-a** cordless phone in my crib. It was from a certain institution with one of the most profoundly known educational politic in this highly developed town (or some would like it to be referred to as a city). And I DO stress on the phrase "highly developed".

It was an invitation. No, it wasn't an invitation to an opening of a R'n'B club. No, it wasn't an invitation to collect my flight ticket to the states for me to watch Lakers and Sixers play. Nor, was it even an invitation to witness a melanine-pigment-deficient man dig a hole in the ground to build the tallest building in Sarawak. Right... Malaysia Boleh. More like the "The White-A**-Boy Can-NOT" (sing it in the Carrier tagline theme). White-boy who wants a share of everything. Punk a**.

Okay, it was just an invitation to a graduation ceremony. It is time for me to finally accept that empty scrolled-up piece of paper. For a higher-diploma equivalent course I undertook and completed 2 years ago. Talk about lag. Another feat of the spirit of Malaysia Boleh. Of course we can. With all the dim-wits for the society's representatives, of course we can.

So, its time for me to don the robe. Minus the square hat, sadly.

Wait, that bloody institution did not organize the event. The governing body's local office did. Leeches. There'd better be lucky draws. Or at least "A" lucky draw. Draw me a plasma tv and I'd give them the best testimonial. Okay, I wouldn't ask too much. I'd just settle for a 21" wide-screen tv... Or a set of contemporary-modern furniture would do too...

Get me those and I shall feel relatively complete for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

simple hit counter